Spring is Here! Time to Attack the Dust in Your Home!
The weather has been so brutally cold this winter, so I think everyone is happy to see that spring is finally right around the corner!
That also means it is time for some more spring cleaning! Summertime is a common time for people to move to their rented summer homes. So, Landlords, you need to make sure that all your homes are being cleaned out.
Here is a quick list to make sure that you get all the levels of your home spick and span for you and your tenants!
1. Pre Clean
- Pick up any leftover clutter laying around the house
- Wash and put away dishes if the are available
- Clear and wipe any countertops in the kitchen
2. Top Zone
- Dust or clean ceiling fans
- Dust or wash light fixtures
- Clean high windows
- Change light bulbs & replace air filters
3. Middle-to-Top Zone (Eye Level)
- Wash, iron, & re-hang curtains
- Wash windows
- Dust pictures, mirrors, clocks, & other wall hangings
4. Middle-to-Low Zone (Waist Level)
- Polish wood furniture
- Wash sheets & change bed linens
- Scrub showers & bathtubs and clean toilets
- Vacuum & spot clean upholstered furniture
5. Bottom Zone
- Sweep hard floors
- Vacuum rugs & carpets
- Dust baseboards
- Wash small area rugs
If you enjoyed this post, get email updates and exclusive content from us by subscribing below to our email list (it’s free).